Make these delicious cupcakes for the fourth of July. They are sure to be a hit.
Red Velvet Cake
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping
- 8 oz cream cheese cold
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream cold
Blueberries for decoration (if you want)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Let cool.
6. Whipped Cream Topping: Using the whisk attachment on your stand mixer (make sure bowl is cold), beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Slowly add in heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with blueberries to give a red, white and blue look!
This recipe first appeared here.