END-OF-SUMMER ROASTED STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM SODA FLOAT
- 1lb fresh strawberries
- 4 tbsp honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups sparkling water (I chose Topo Chico)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve the strawberries and place them in a bowl with 2 tbsp of honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Toss strawberries to coat. Place strawberry halves face down on baking sheet and put in the oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through until berries are tender and juices are beginning to caramelize.
- Transfer berries into a food processor or blender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons honey and blend into a puree. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- To make the soda, use a ratio of 1 part strawberry puree to 2 parts sparkling water (for example, 1 cup puree to 2 cups sparkling water). Stir to combine. Reserve any extra puree to place at the bottom of each glass.
- To assemble your floats, drop a few spoonfuls of puree at the bottom of each glass, add your ice cream (I did about 2 big scoops per glass), pour strawberry soda on top, and serve with spoons and straws!