These tasty treats don’t disappoint. You can make the classic version with some paprika on top, or you can customize them with delicious toppings such as bacon, pickles, or even some jalapeños for a kick.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (made on the stovetop)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- toppings: paprika and chopped fresh chives (both are optional)
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the egg yolks and transfer them to a small mixing bowl*.
- Using a fork, mash the egg yolks completely until they form a fine powder. Add in the mayo, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic powder, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir until completely combined. Taste the mixture and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Or if the mixture seems too thick, just add in some more mayo or a tiny splash of water.
- Either using a spoon or a small cookie scoop or a piping bag, fill the inside of the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle each deviled egg with a pinch of paprika and toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately!
*For a super-smooth egg yolk filling, you can alternately add the yolks, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
Enjoy! This recipe first appeared here.