The Cadillac XTS delivers the space, elegance and dramatic presence that are brand signatures of the Cadillac brand.
Its feature set is further enhanced with a number of updates for 2017, including a revised standard gauge cluster and Teen Driver system. The system provides parents with a tool to help encourage safe driving habits for their kids, even when they are not in the car with them. Teen Driver supports safe driving habits by muting the audio of the radio or any device paired with the vehicle when front seat occupants aren’t wearing their safety belts and it gives audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is traveling faster than preset speeds. Teen Driver also includes a built-in system that lets parents view on a display how their teenager drove the vehicle.
The 2017 XTS is offered in a well-equipped XTS model and three optional trim levels: XTS Luxury, XTS Premium Luxury and XTS Platinum. The XTS Platinum represents the highest level of technology and luxury, including a unique front appearance, wheels and interior colors, materials and trim.
Also available is the XTS V-Sport that takes performance to a higher level, driven by an exclusive Twin-Turbo engine and all-wheel drive. It is available in the Premium Luxury and Platinum models.
Standard and available features across the lineup include:
- Magnetic Ride Control, rear air springs, HiPer Strut front suspension and Brembo front brakes – all standard
- Available advanced all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential
- Standard 19-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels, with a new 20-inch wheel design for V-Sport models
- Folding rear-seat head restraints that enhance rear visibility
- Safety Alert Seat that pulses to alert the driver
- Short- and long-range radar systems that support adaptive cruise control, front/rear automatic brakes and rear cross traffic alert (available on Premium Luxury and Platinum Trims)
XTS is the only luxury sedan with standard Magnetic Ride Control – the world’s fastest-reacting suspension, which was developed for Cadillac’s high-performance V-Series vehicles. The advanced all-wheel-drive system uses Haldex technology with an electronic limited-slip differential to transfer power front-to-back, and side-to-side, along the rear axle. It is available on all three trim levels.
When it comes to trunk space, the XTS is in a league of its own, with 18 cubic feet (509 L), exceeding both midsize and full-size competitors – more than Audi A6, BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. For XTS customers, the cargo advantage means room for five or more suitcases.